Greetings book lovers!
Today, I’m featuring an interview with author A.T. King. He’s a writer of the dark arts and his book, Rayven’s Redemption, will be available May 21, 2016, from Fat Lip Press.
- What’s your real name? Arnie Tij King
- Do you have any pen names besides A.T. King? No
- What genres do you write in? I write poetry about anything and everything, but in horror/thriller for my stories. Although my newest story is an erotic thriller one, my first and maybe last one.
- Ok, I have to ask. Why might this be your last erotic thriller? I say that this would be my last erotic thriller because I am not comfortable with writing erotica. I was weary of taking on this project, but I must say that I have gotten some pretty good feedback. I don’t plan on writing more erotic thrillers, but if Ivy and Marcy, my PAs, have their way then I’ll be writing more.
- Where in the world are you? I am currently in Deep South Texas, a city by the name of Mission, Texas.
- Where is your favorite place to write? My favorite place to write is on my bed when I’m home alone.
- How long have you been writing? I have been writing for a little over 7 years.
- What was that pivotal moment when you decided to start writing? The pivotal moment that I decided to start writing was when I was having a rough patch of life. I felt like I had nobody to talk to and started writing poetry. I kept it to myself though, it was just an outlet for my emotions. A year after that I toyed with the idea of actually writing full-blown stories and I tried it for fun. I just let my imagination run wild. I showed very few people my story and they loved it. Since that day, I began to look at writing as a viable option for me.
- What does your writing playlist look like? For my playlist, I will turn on the Pandora radio and listen to the Rob Zombie Radio. It has a mix of Rob Zombie, Rammstein, Metallica, Saliva, Evanescence, and other bands in that genre.
- Where do you look for inspiration? My inspiration comes from pretty much everything that happens around me. The stories are usually a product of my overactive imagination and me always asking “what if”.
- What project are you working on now? Right now I have a few things in the works. I have two short stories for an anthology plus I have five novellas brewing. Two of them are part of my new story and the other three is a new series that I want to begin as soon as possible.
- Of all the characters you’ve created, who is your favorite and why? Of all the characters I have created my favorite is Zeus Trimpl. He is my favorite because he is someone who plays by his own rules and makes people choose their words wisely. He comes off as a bad guy, but he isn’t quite the villain that everyone says he is.
- What is one thing that you’d never write about? Is there anything that’s off-limits? One thing I won’t write about is a love story. I don’t think I’d be able to write in that genre so for me Romance is the one genre that is off limits.
- What do you hope your readers will take away from reading your books? I want them to be entertained by my stories first of all. I would also hope that after reading my books my readers will look at things differently. I try to take some normal everyday things and twist them around and present them in a new light. I like showing that there is always a different way that things can be seen or interpreted.
- If you could have any career, other than writing, what would it be? If I could have any other career I would love be a coach in the NFL. I love the game and I think it would be fun to strategize and try to get into your opponents head and try to figure out what they are going to do.
- When you’re not writing, what do you do with your time? When I’m not writing I will be reading, watching tv, or just hanging out with my family and friends. I also spend a lot of time on facebook messenger chatting with friends.
- Who is the greatest influence in your writing career? The greatest influence in my writing career Is Stephen King. I remember reading his books and thinking how easy he took something sweet and unassuming like a St, Bernard and turning it into a killing machine. When I started writing I thought back on how Mr. King turned things that were sweet and innocent into something dark and twisted and tried to do the same thing.
- If you could spend one hour with anyone, who would it be and what would you talk about or do? If I could spend an hour with anyone I’d choose either Stephen King or Sandra Bullock. I would love to just talk about them and who they are in their private life. I would like to get to know the real people behind the fame and hopefully build a friendship with either one of them.
- Where did you get the inspiration for your latest novel? My latest novel was inspired by all the strong and independent women I know. I realized that most of the main characters in a horror novel were men and the women were always the victims, so I decided to flip the script and switch things up.
- Describe your latest book in ten words or less. “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.” –William Congreve-
Find A.T. King at:
Twitter Handle: @ATKING33
Amazon Author Page: Amazon.com/author/atking
YOUTUBE Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/wathch?v=iV3E3MgqMfw
- List your books My books are the following
CUPID; HIGHWAY 187; TRIMPL; DEPRESSION THROUGH THE EYES OF A SURVIVOR (SELF-HELP BOOK ABOUT MY BOUT WITH DEPRESSION); RAYVEN’S REDEMPTION (SET TO BE RELEASED 5-21-2016);